Sunday, August 04, 2013

Week 27!

Well, when I first imagined being pregnant, I always had this idea in my head that I would take weekly photos, the same day, every week, for the entire pregnancy so that I could look back and see how my belly grew. Well, clearly I've not been doing this. It's been 5 weeks since I last took a photo and posted. I'm sad, but, there are reasons. (Most not good reasons). I've been lazy, things have been hectic, we've been concentrating on the nursery, and, I admit, I've been scared. Weekly photos should be fun, yes, but each week when I think about it I start to panic. What if I do this and post and something goes wrong???!??? 

That's one thing I still deal with, pretty much on a daily basis. I'll have a day or two in there I feel ok, But I still worry that Something will happen to my precious daughter. I've loved her since the beginning on this journey, even before she was created, but the love grows, this was something I didn't expect. I mean, I did expect for that love to grow after she was here, but with each passing month and each new milestone we hit, I fall more in love with her. I love having her kick me, and when I don't feel her moving, I sometimes go into a small panic. But, just that same, each passing day those fears seem to lessen, very very slowly, but they do lessen. And I always hear the comment now when I tell people that, "Your a mother now, you'll always worry!". I worry because of my history, I worry because of the 3 miscarriages, and yes, those were all eraly losses in the first trimester, but, it still haunts you. You still worry that one day you'll go in for an appointment, and that beautiful heart beat won't be there, you worry you'll start bleeding at any point, and at times, I'm beginning to worry about going into preterm labor. Now, I'm not saying that women who have gotten pregnant the first month they tried, or that women who have never experienced a loss, or that women who are having a healthy "textbook" pregnancy don't worry. I'm sure they do, I know they do. But, I feel as though my worry is just a little bit different. And that's ok. Everyone has the rights to their feelings and emotions, no matter where they come from. 

Anyway, on to how Baby Girl is doing. As far as doctors appointments go, she been doing awesome! Always moving around on the ultrasound screen when we see her. Great heartbeats, everything looks good. We just had another ultrasound last Monday, they were able to get the pictures of her heart that they weren't able to at the fetal echo. Everything was how it should be. She weighed in at a whopping 2 lbs! She's getting bigger by the day now I'm sure. Her little lungs are still developing, but at this point, if she were to be born, she would be able to breathe air. But, she's not coming out anytime soon still. 

Here we are, 27 weeks, just a little less then 13 weeks to go! and 89 days left until her due date. Bi-weekly appointments to the OB start next week! 


How far along:  27 weeks and 2 days. 
Total weight gain:  20 lbs + ! Woah!
Maternity clothes: Yes. 
Stretch marks: Still haven't noticed any! I hope they continue to stay away.
Sleep: Sleeping is being more of a chore lately.  
Best moment of this week: Getting to see her beautiful face and feeling her more often!
Miss anything: Sushi and wine. 
Movement:  Movement is finally becoming more consistent. Finally feeling her more throughout the day and getting stronger.      
Food cravings:  Ice cream, milk, cheese...
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope
Have you started to show yet:  Yes
Gender: A girl
Labor signs: Nothing and it should stay that way for at least 11-13 weeks please.  Just a few braxton hicks here are there. 
Belly button in or out: Still in.
Wedding rings on or off: On, but there are days I have to take them off. 
Happy or moody most of the time: I have to say happy still, although I do have my moody moments.
Looking forward to: Nursery is started, furniture in, now I'm looking forward to decorating it and filling it with baby things!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment