So, I really wanted to have an exciting post.... however, I never came up with anything good or interesting to write about. So this post will be as unexciting and random as any other post, it just happens to be number 100. I wish I could do a give away, but I'm not as experienced as you all...
Well, Tuesday, the Tim and I leave for a week in Hawaii. Yes, I'm very excited!! We'll be visiting the big island. I cannot wait! It's been a long time coming!!
Other things: I've been trying to be more creative in the kitchen. Trying out new recipes. I find that I enjoy cooking, I just hate the cleaning up parts. So that's been fun! I've made a chicken tortellini soup, I got the recipe from a neighbor! It was pretty good! So yummy! So that's really all that news.
That's really all the news, (I know, so exciting), I've got right now. I wish I wasn't tired, I wish I had more things to talk about, I wish I was a more daring person to talk about more daring topics, if I even knew of more daring topics... but alas, I do not... at least not at the moment, and now my 100th post has gone to waste. But I didn't want to keep hesitating just because I didn't have anything to write about... sorry, maybe I'll have more interesting to talk about at my 200th post.... we shall see...
Sunday, October 18, 2009
Wednesday, October 07, 2009
Yes, you read it right. Today I have been dealing with an awful stench in my house, even with all the windows open. Ever since I woke up this morning and walked down stairs and opened the windows there has been this awful smell running through my kitchen and morning room. I tired all day to figure out what it was. I took out the trash. I sprayed Lysol, I light candles... to no avail nothing worked. So I gave up looking for the smell, beginning to think that it was coming from the dump down the street since it's quite windy here today. But that still left me confused since the wind was blowing in the opposite direction. So I finally decided to begin to investigate. Really trying hard to find out where the smell was coming from, and through it all I began to get a headache. It was driving me crazy, until I walked passed my refrigerator and got a nice big whiff of the smell, searching all over still nothing. So I figured if I wiped down the stove top and whatnot it would take care of the smell.... still nothing, UNTIL... I looked down at the nobs. Yes, one of the nobs to my stove top was turned ever so slightly and was leaking propane gas into my house... I found the culprit, quickly turning it back into it's off position, quickly blowing out all the candles in fear the house may blow up. Thankfully it's been a beautiful, windy, but beautiful day here and the windows have been open all day... And now the smell is gone, however, my headache is not...
and now.. here is my picture for wordless wednesday:
and now.. here is my picture for wordless wednesday:
Monday, October 05, 2009
It was so nice for Mrs. M to nominate me for the Honesty Scrap Award!! I actually got it last week, but have been busy running here and there and trying to get things done before vacation in just few short weeks!! Thank you Mrs. M for this award!
The rules of the Honest Scrap Award go like this: List at least 10 honest things about yourself. Then, choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design and link to them, leaving a comment to inform them they have been awarded. Here we go.........
1. I'm unemployed and have been for the last year and a half. Sometimes I miss working, but most of the time, I enjoy sleeping in. :)
2. I like my house to be neat and organized, however, I have no idea how to be neat and organized.
3. I love to cook, but I find a lot of the times, I become lazy when it comes to cooking.
4. I enjoy food shopping. I think the biggest reason for this is because I'm usually stuck in my house all day with no where to go so when that food shopping week comes up, I'm elated to get out of the house!
5. I have this odd fear of children. I'm not really afraid I suppose, it's more like, I'm not sure how to at around them or what to say to them, I still go back and forth on whether or not I want children.
6. I struggled with Anorexia all through high school and was hospitalized my senior year.
7. I had SVT since I was 14 years old or so... But just last year is when they finally caught it when my mother drove my to the ER after years of never having an episode when I would have the heart monitors. SVT is an extra elctrical pathway in your heart where it an cause rapid heart rates, but last November after great dissussion with my cardiologist and electrophysiologist we came to the conlusions that the surgery was the best option. Although I was scared out of my mind, I had it done and am very glad I did. I have been episode free for 9 months now. (I had a few really short episodes for a few months after the procedure.)
8. My parents are dvorced and have been since I was 8.
9. I meet my husband at church.
10. I used to dance, tap and pointe mostly, and I really miss those days.
Now, there are my 10 honest things about me. I don't think I know 7 people I can pass this on to, but I'll try...
All Brianna's Styles
Amanda at Mommy Mandy
Brandy at An American Mom in Germany
Amanda at Garibay Soup
Robynn at Robynn's Ravings
Courtny at Storing Up Treasures
So I was close and found 6 people to pass this award onto. I hope you all enjoy and I cannot wait to learn about you!! :) Have a great day!