Thursday, July 02, 2009

So Completly Random!

So, I have this game that I LOVE! It's called Mancala and its a board with six ups on either side and the point of the game is to get the most gems in you larger scoring cup to the right of you, and each cup includes four gems, so all together there are 24 gems. which if you really knew me, you would wonder how after owning this game for ten plus years, how in the world I've only managed to lose one of those 24 gems. I lost it about 9 years ago... haha! and so I replaced it with a fairly large piece of sea glass I had, (which all who have played my game have come to realized that it is highly annoying!). Soooo, after moving to college and moving out of my mom's house into my in-laws before my husband and I got married, and then moving into his place, then last year moving to our place now, I still have not managed to lose anymore gems! However, I did assume that through all the moving, the gem was lost forever. BUT, my AMAZING husband that he is, went downstairs and rummaged through one of the boxes in the basement that we still have yet to unpack, (even after being here for over a year), looking for something, (that had absolutely nothing to do with my beloved game), and low and behold, he walked up the stairs with this beautiful shiny missing gem!!!! After all of our moves and being lost for eight years, the gem has finally been found and reunited with it's friends!! And yes, this story does remind me about the lost sheep story that Jesus tells us in Luke chapter 15. It's a little different, but it does remind me, no matter how long you may be lost for, God is always there and will find you! And it just reminded me of the particular verse "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it?", Luke 15:4. Now I know I gave up on finding my gem and though I had forgotten about it and gave up on it, (even though it was later found) it just made me remember that no matter what, Jesus will NEVER give up on finding you!

No comments:

Post a Comment