Monday, November 17, 2008

Sex God

So I know it took a little longer then what I wanted it to to get this review up for you all! I just finished the book Sex God by Rob Bell last week. I picked it up the week before, I had been wanting to read it for a while now, especially since I like Rob Bell. He has two books out right now, This one and His first book, Velvet Elvis. I have yet to read Velvet Elvis, but that's next on the list!!

The books title may throw some people off or may even scare/intimidate them. I know I was a little werided out by it at first. Rob Bell goes into exploring the connection between sexuality and spirituality. It's a very short short book, only about 200 pages, nine chapters. Rob Bell makes some interesting points on the human sexuality and its relation to our spirituality. It has defiantly raised some question for me and has caused me to look at sexualitly in a much different light! Not in a bad way, but in a way that the media doesn't. I honestly don't think I have ever though of it this way before. I highly recommend this book for any one, married, single, or dating. It could give you new light on how you view sexuality and how it could change you relationship not only with others but with God. You can find it in any book store or even on amazon. Some points he discussed I'm not sure if I really agree with, but it does make me think. And some points opened up my eyes. I think my favorite chapter was Angles and Animals. Rob Bell talks about some people don't control their sexuality and they let it lose as if they were wild animals and others try so hard to shove their sexuality deep inside them to hide it, avoid it to the point where they beome like angels who have no sexuality at all. He talks about how we are neither, we are humans who have sexuality and we need to have control over it but at the same time we cannot hide it, it is a part of who we are and it is how God made us.

It's a great book and if you ever have the time to ppik it up, I hope you do!!

No comments:

Post a Comment